A dedication ceremony for a newly installed commemorative monument at Crown Point State Historic Site that will complete the 250 mile “Knox Cannon Trail” of monuments. The “Knox Cannon Trail” of monuments was installed in 1927 with fifty-six monuments to mark the incredible journey of Colonel Henry Knox undertaken between December 5, 1775, and January 24, 1776. Under his command 59 cannon weighing almost 60 ton were hauled from Fort Ticonderoga on Lake Champlain to Cambridge Massachusetts to end the British naval blockade of Boston Harbor. Since the installation of the Cannon Trail in 1927 research has proven that 29 of the 59 cannon used to liberate Boston came from Crown Point and were joined with 30 from Fort Ticonderoga. The installation of a monument at Crown Point will complete the “Knox Cannon Trail” and finally commemorate the role that Crown Point played in this significant Revolutionary War story.